2012-10-09

Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies






Who loves Pumpkin Spice Lattes? I loves Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

Unfortunately my husband isn't thrilled with me spending $5 a day on a cup of coffee, even if it is only for a couple of months a year.

So I had to learn to adjust.

For those of you who have been reading for a while, you know my business Cookies N' Cocoa was set to launch into the online sales world Oct. 1 2012. Launch, I am thrilled to say, went off without a hitch.

I decided to add my personal love for pumpkin spice lattes to my list of seasonal cookies.

Fall deliciousness anyone?

I decided I'm going to do something rare today, and share with you my Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookie Recipe. I've fallen madly in love with this cookie (sorry B!) and I hope you will too!









Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies



2 C. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Instant Coffee Granules
1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix
1 C. Butter
1/2 C. White Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract


 

Sift together Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Salt, Coffee, and Pudding Mix in a bowl and set it aside.



In a separate bowl cream together your butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. 


Add your pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and beat well.




Then add your dry ingredients and mix well.





Scoop Tablespoon sized balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and place into your preheated oven for 11-13 minutes.




I forgot to take photos of the cookies when they were frosted, but I did take one of my cookie and my homemade pumpkin spice latte the next morning. These are fantastic as is, but that frosting adds a little something more.

Frosting

3 Tbs. Butter
1/4 C Milk
3/4 C Brown Sugar
3 tsp. Instant Coffee Granules
1 C. Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Tbs. Heavy Cream

Melt you butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add milk, brown sugar, and coffee and let it come to a low boil on medium heat. Once boiling cook for two minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely. 

When your mixture is cool add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream and mix well. Dip the tops of the cookies into the frosting or drizzle the frosting over top. To keep it from running to much, immediately put the cookies in the freezer for no more than five minutes.

Try not to eat them all at one time! These made close to 3 dozen and they were gone in 3 days!


1 comment:

  1. I love fall...because of all the pumpkin recipes! Thanks for sharing this on 'Or so she says...' at last week's link party! I would love to have you add the party to your list and stop back to share more of your great ideas. There's actually a party going on right now (it's every Saturday through Tuesday.) Thanks a bunch! ~ Mariel www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...