2012-08-15

Baked Apple Coffee!

Do you ever have that craving for those delicious autumn baked apples yet you're just too busy/tired/hot to make them?

Well today I decided to turn this



Into this:






So my coffee cup looks a little lame compared to the first picture, but trust me, it's delicious.


I will admit, I am addicted to coffee. I cannot function properly without it lol. Ok that part is probably an over exaggeration but I still have it every morning.

I like to experiment with my coffee. Adding different spices and extracts. Today I was craving baked apples for some reason, but when I opened my refrigerator I had no apples to make said treat. So I decided to take all of my spices as well as some apple juice, and add it to my coffee.

AH-MA-ZING!

So coffee is pretty strong (well mine is anyway) and I had to add at least a teaspoon of each spice (except the clove, I only added two whole cloves) to my tiny 5 cup in order to get the real flavor of it.

So here is what I did. I filled my pot 2/3 of the way full with water and then filled the final 1/3 with apple juice. Then I added a tsp of vanilla. (The juice does give it a bit of a tang, next time Im going to try cider instead).

I added my coffee to the filter then added about 1.5 tsp cinnamon, .5 tsp nutmeg and ginger, and 2 whole cloves. Then I just stirred it up and let it brew. Add some sugar and cream and delicious!

Next time I'll be adding some whipped cream and cinnamon on top!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...